Havilah Dance Company offers a range of introductory specialty classes for beginner students ages 2 through 10 years old who desire to learn the fundamentals of specific styles of dance. Beginner classes are for the dancer with a year or less of experience, or for those who are looking to brush up on the basics. Classes are 45-minutes of age-appropriate training and are the perfect way to jumpstart a students' journey in dance!
Fall 2021 Core Curriculum
Rock N Tot 100 (Ages 3-5)
Rock N Tot 100 is an introductory hip hop & street-jazz style class designed with the creative, curious and energetic child in mind. Classes include pre-jazz, pre-hip hop, creative movement and tumbling. Classes are 45 minutes and every Monday from 4:15-5:00pm. Comfortable t-shirts, shorts and tennis shoes are required.
Tumbling 101 (Ages 4-6)
Tumbling 101 is a perfect introduction to the style of tumbling & acro used in dance. Classes focus on coordination, balance, flexibility and core strength training. Students will learn bridges, forward and backward rolls, handstands and cartwheels, along with other pre-tumbling and pre-acro foundational skills. Classes are 30 minutes and every Wednesday from 3:45-4:15pm. Leotard and footless tights or leggings are required.
Hip Hop 101 (Ages 6-8)
Hop Hop 101 is a fun-filled, introductory class where dancers can learn the latest hip-hop moves and technique, while promoting physical health and agility. Students learn coordination, musical counting, rhythm, and muscle isolations. The combinations that are taught each week encourage dancers to be creative and promote their own unique style. Classes are 45 minutes and every Saturday from 10:45-11:30am. Comfortable t-shirts, shorts or sweatpants and tennis shoes are required.
Class Duration per week & Tuition Rates per month:
- 30 min - $60/month
- 45 min - $75/month
- 60 min - $85/month
- 75 min - $95/month
- 90 min - $100/month
- 1.75 hrs - $105/month
- 2 hrs - $110/month
- Earlybird: $10 off tuition
- Siblings: 20% off tuition
- Boys: 50% off tuition
- Tuition is due by the 5th of each month. Early-bird discounts of $10 off total family tuition will be applied if payment is received on or before the 5th of the month. After the 10th of the month, a $22 late fee will be applied to any past due account. No exceptions are able to be made regarding the late payment policy.
- Tuition can be paid in-person or online through the family portal.
- Autopay is available, and will ensure that your family receives the early-bird discount. See a front desk staff member if you are interested in signing up for autodraft.
- Registration Fee: $55 per student OR $70 per family, annually.
- Recital Costume Fee: Range from $70-$160 per class, depending on which class the student is taking.
- Recital Participation Fee: $140 per student OR $165 per family (if siblings are dancing).
- Recital fees help to cover all of the costs involved in presenting a professional production that all of our students and families can be very proud of! This fee includes but is not limited to: tickets to the show, recital t-shirt for the student(s), family program, award for the student(s), auditorium rental for dress rehearsal and the show, professional stage props and equipment, clean up crew, and a sound and lighting team who work backstage.
- Drop-In Rate: Certain classes allow a student to 'drop-in' and pay by the class. Usually these classes are designated on the schedule as open, adult, or continuing education! The drop-in rate is $25 for a one-hour class and $30 for a 90-minute class. Students under the age of 18 are only allowed two drop-in classes per month, otherwise we require that they register for the class. If you are interested in dropping in on a class that is not designated as such, give us a call or email and we will work with you.