For the 2021-22 dance season, HDC will be holding a 2-part audition/evaluation and training process for aspiring Competition Company Members. As a part of that process, prospective Company members should plan to participate in and do the following in order to be considered for the team:
- Fill out the Company Intake form. This form will state your intentions to audition to compete in the 2021-22 dance season. Make sure to fill out the form prior to auditioning.
- Determine the Audition Dates for you and register:
Join us for our FUTURE STARS CAMP in July
- Future Stars camp is for students interested in joining HDC’s Competition Teenie, Mini, or Apprentice teams!
- Students who make Mini Team or higher after attending Future Stars Camp will be required to participate in The HDC Company Intensive in August. If applicable, details will be emailed to you!
- If you make the Teenie team, you are not required to attend The HDC Company Intensive
2-part Auditions & Placement
PART 1: June 5th, Technique & Combo Class
- 1 hr technique and across the floor + 1 hr contemporary/jazz Combo class.
- Ages 6-8 // 3:00-5:00pm
- Ages 9-11 // 3:00-5:00pm
- Ages 12-14 // 1:00-3:00pm
- Ages 15 & Up // 5:00-7:00pm
PART 2: HDC's Summer Intensive Week, August 9th-12th
We recommend FUTURE STARS camp for dancers who are ages 6-10, with 2 years or less of Competition experience, prior to attending The HDC Company Intensive
We recommend LEAPS & TURNS clinic for dancers who are ages 11 & up, with 2 years or less of Competition experience and/or who have minimal-intermediate dance training, prior to attending The HDC Company Intensive
EXCEPTIONS TO AUDITION PROCESS
CONFLICTS: Any NEW/transfer prospective competitive student who cannot participate in PART-1 of auditions on June 5th can still be considered for the 2021-22 HDC Company Team by attending The HDC Company Intensive in August.
Please note that students not attending PART-1 of auditions may not be able to be considered for special Small & Large groups, which will be choreographed earlier in the season.
If you would like to be considered for these special routines with guest choreographers, but cannot attend June 5th, you may attend our Leaps and Turns Clinic in July as a make up! Please reach out to Brittany@hdcdance.com for details on this exception if needed.