Havilah Dance Company offers a range of classes for experienced and advanced dancers ages 4 through 18 years old who are looking to improve and build upon their previous dance training. Classes are ideal for students who have at least one year of dance experience or related training. Our Experienced level classes are designed to stimulate and challenge our advancing students while promoting enjoyment of dance as a athletic activity, creative outlet, discipline, and art form. Classes at HDC provide a natural progression for the adolescent through teenaged experienced dancer.
Fall 2021 Core Curriculum
Experienced 200 (Ages 4-6)
Experienced 200 is the perfect class for our progressing dancers and focuses on ballet, tap and tumbling. Classes are 60 minutes and every Tuesday from 4:00-5:00pm or every Saturday from 9:45-10:45am. Leotard, tights, PINK 'Lily' ballet shoes w/out drawstring (Capezio 212C), and 'MaryJane' Tap Shoe in CARAMEL (Capezio 3800).
*Required Prerequisites: Beginner 101, Beginner 102 or equivalent experience.
Experienced 201 (Ages 6-8)
Experienced 201 is the perfect class for our progressing dancers and focuses on ballet, tap, tumbling and jazz technique. Classes are 60 minutes and every Wednesday from 5:00-6:00pm or every Saturday from 11:30am-12:30pm. Leotard, tights, PINK 'Lily' ballet shoes w/out drawstring (Capezio 212C), 'MaryJane' Tap Shoe in CARAMEL (Capezio 3800) and 'Super Jazz' Jazz Shoes in TAN (style: Bloch S0401L).
*Required Prerequisite: Beginner 101, Beginner 102, Experienced 200, or equivalent experience.
Experienced 202 (Ages 8-11)
Experienced 202 is the perfect class for our progressing dancers and focuses on jazz, tap and ballet technique. Classes are 60 minutes and every Monday from 5:45-6:45pm, and Saturday from 9:00-10:00am. Leotard, tights, dance shorts or pants, PINK 'Lily' ballet shoe w/out drawstring (Capezio 212C), 'TicTapToe' Tap Shoe in BLACK (Capezio 443A) and 'Super Jazz' Jazz Shoes in TAN (style: Bloch S0401L).
*Required Prerequisite: Beginner 102, Experienced 201, or equivalent experience.
Experienced 300 + 301 (Ages 12 & up)
In Experienced 300 + 301 dancers will focus on learning more advanced combinations & technique focused specifically on Jazz, Lyrical and Contemporary styles. Dancers will improve on mental and physical agility as well as overall style. Experienced dancers who display a basic understanding of technique, discipline and learn at a faster pace for this level. Classes will include deep stretching, conditioning, leaps and turns and more challenging combinations center floor. Classes are an hour and a half every Tuesday from 7:30-9:00pm. Leotard, sports bra, dance shorts or leggings, 'Super Jazz' Jazz shoes in TAN (style: Bloch S0401L), and Pirouette lyrical shoes.
Class Duration per week & Tuition Rates per month:
- 30 min - $60/month
- 45 min - $75/month
- 60 min - $85/month
- 75 min - $95/month
- 90 min - $100/month
- 1.75 hrs - $105/month
- 2 hrs - $110/month
- Earlybird: $10 off tuition
- Siblings: 20% off tuition
- Boys: 50% off tuition
- Tuition is due by the 5th of each month. Early-bird discounts of $10 off total family tuition will be applied if payment is received on or before the 5th of the month. After the 10th of the month, a $22 late fee will be applied to any past due account. No exceptions are able to be made regarding the late payment policy.
- Tuition can be paid in-person or online through the family portal.
- Autopay is available, and will ensure that your family receives the early-bird discount. See a front desk staff member if you are interested in signing up for autodraft.
- Registration Fee: $55 per student OR $70 per family, annually.
- Recital Costume Fee: Range from $70-$160 per class, depending on which class the student is taking.
- Recital Participation Fee: $140 per student OR $165 per family (if siblings are dancing).
- Recital fees help to cover all of the costs involved in presenting a professional production that all of our students and families can be very proud of! This fee includes but is not limited to: tickets to the show, recital t-shirt for the student(s), family program, award for the student(s), auditorium rental for dress rehearsal and the show, professional stage props and equipment, clean up crew, and a sound and lighting team who work backstage.
- Drop-In Rate: Certain classes allow a student to 'drop-in' and pay by the class. Usually these classes are designated on the schedule as open, adult, or continuing education! The drop-in rate is $25 for a one-hour class and $30 for a 90-minute class. Students under the age of 18 are only allowed two drop-in classes per month, otherwise we require that they register for the class. If you are interested in dropping in on a class that is not designated as such, give us a call or email and we will work with you.