Our competitive program is a company team designed for students ages 4 through 18 who truly feel that dance is one of their utmost gifts, callings, and passions. With 3-12+ required hours (depending on age and level) of commitment per week, competitive dance is not for everyone. However, for those who are able to put in the extra effort, time, and focus, competitive dance provides one of the most rewarding experiences imaginable!
- All students must audition for company teams and participate in our annual week-long intensive training in August. If selected, students will be placed in the appropriate level team and classes by our staff.
- *For 2021-2022, our audition process will be held in 2-parts. See 'Company Audition' page for details.
- All company team members must be available for all competitions and are expected to attend all required classes and rehearsals with minimal absences. There are consequences for multiple, unexcused absences.
- Team members are expected to compete in a *minimum* range of 2-4 dances if chosen.
- Team members are required to participate in their regular class dances.
- Team members participate in 4-5 weekend competitions and/or conventions, which consist generally of all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Competitions are typically held during the months of February-May, with nationals usually in late June or early July. There are periodically opportunities for our Team to compete and train in the Fall as well.
- Team members are required to participate in the competition showcase, typically held in February or March of each year, as well as the end-of-year Recital.
- Team members may be selected for small groups, special pieces, and solos/duets/trios at the discretion of the directors. Students are encouraged but not required to participate in special numbers.
- Members are expected to be committed to the Team and actively participate in additional performance opportunities, team events, and generally serve the growth and betterment of the group as whole.
Competition students are required to have a minimum of 3-8+ hours in the studio per week, and monthly tuition ranges from $130.00-$255.00 per month. Pricing is based on the dancers age, level, and how many hours spent per week in the studio.
*Many parents have asked us why competitive tuition and related costs are more expensive than what applies to our recreational program. While we try to keep the difference at an absolute minimum, the reason for the increase is to help offset studio costs related directly to the competition program. Tuition for a competition student covers MUCH more than weekly class time. Company students get to participate in:
- Higher level training (with often higher fees of the in-house & outside instructors teaching the classes)
- Team parties & special events
- Makeup & Hair classes
- Extra rehearsals & longer hours spent training in studio
- Photoshoots & Videoshoots
- Special performances
- Extensive costume design
- Music production
- Entry submissions
- Staff travel
*Additional fees that may apply to comp and pre comp students:
- Entry fees to the competitions (calculated based on the number of the students' dances)
- Solos, duets, and trios are calculated separately and are not included in the base weekly hours
- Students may choose/be invited to learn a solo, duet, or trio but these pieces are not mandatory. Separate choreography and rehearsal fees apply to these routines and private rehearsals are scheduled between the student and choreographer.
- A choreography fee may apply to small groups and/or other special group numbers
- Participation fee (a one-time charge)
- Prop fee (this only applies if there is a prop being made that is extensive and cannot be covered in the participation fee)
- Recital fee
*Fees listed reflect costs during the 2021-22 season. Fees are estimated and subject to change for the 2022-23 season.
Registration Fee: All pre-comp and competition students pay an annual registration fee of $55 per student (or $70 per family).
Recital Costume Fee: Recital costume fees run from $70.00-$160.00 depending on which class the student is taking.
Recital Participation Fee: Recital fees help to cover all of the costs involved in presenting a professional production that all of our students and families can be very proud of! Recital fees are $140 per student OR $165 per family (if siblings are dancing). This fee includes: unlimited tickets to the show, recital t-shirt for the student(s), family program, award for the student(s), auditorium rental for dress rehearsal and the show, professional stage props and equipment, clean up crew, and a sound and lighting team who work backstage.